What should I do when my computer can’t turn on ?
Your computer or laptop just stops working one day without a warning and you can’t turn it on by pressing power button. It must be very scared by the thinking of data lost or buying a new computer. However, this phenomenon doesn’t always mean that your love computer want to be retired. Sometimes, this situation is simply that your machine is taking a rest and all you have to do is waking him up. If your computer is still under warranty, you just need to bring him to vendor’s store for fixing. But if the warranty period was over, let’s try these steps before you bring it to a professional repairing service or go to store for a new computer.
- Check out your power cord or power adapter to be sure it is working
- Unplug the power cord from the outlet to avoid any electric shock
- Open the computer case with a suitable screwdriver
- Remove one device (e.g. RAM or hard drive) inside the compute case and then install it back. Do this job very carefully to avoid any physical damage.
- Plug the power cord to the outlet
- Press the power button to see if the computer works
- If it works, congratulate you since the problem is fixed. You will need to unplug the power cord, close the case, plug the cord back to the outlet, turn the computer on and start to work 🙂
- If it does not work, retry steps 3 – 5 with another device or same device untill you feel that you give up 😦
The devices that I mentioned in this instructions include RAM, hard drives, optical drives, all PCI devices and all power supplies of the devices inside the computer case. If you are not familiar with those devices, my advise is asking for a professional help. After trying all devices with failure, there is possible that the mainbroad or a device goes wrong. This method works for me several times. You can apply these steps for laptop also and remember to handle with care because laptop devices are smaller and easier to get damage. Good luck.
Entry filed under: Computer Issues. Tags: computer, computer can't turn on, computer CPU, computer die, computer error, computer ram, computer went wrong, CPU, CPU error, display does not on, display went wrong, hard drive, laptop die, laptop not turn on, mother broad, PCI card error, power supply, RAM error.