Posts tagged ‘SAS’
Revolution Analytics, the leading commercial provider of software and support for the popular open source R statistics language, today released Revolution R Enterprise 4.2, which, for the first time, adds the ability to natively import data from SAS files into the R environment without data size limitations. Now, companies looking to apply the advanced statistical capabilities of R to data locked in the SAS environment can easily import the data into Revolution R Enterprise.
SAS (pronounced “sass”, originally Statistical Analysis System) is an integrated system of software products provided by SAS Institute Inc. that enables programmers to perform:
- data entry, retrieval, management, and mining
- report writing and graphics
- statistical analysis
- business planning, forecasting, and decision support
- operations research and project management
- quality improvement
- applications development
- data warehousing (extract, transform, load)
- platform independent and remote computing
In addition, SAS has many business solutions that enable large-scale software solutions for areas such as IT management, human resource management, financial management, business intelligence, customer relationship management and more.