SAS: Statistical Analysis System
SAS (pronounced “sass”, originally Statistical Analysis System) is an integrated system of software products provided by SAS Institute Inc. that enables programmers to perform:
- data entry, retrieval, management, and mining
- report writing and graphics
- statistical analysis
- business planning, forecasting, and decision support
- operations research and project management
- quality improvement
- applications development
- data warehousing (extract, transform, load)
- platform independent and remote computing
In addition, SAS has many business solutions that enable large-scale software solutions for areas such as IT management, human resource management, financial management, business intelligence, customer relationship management and more.
Entry filed under: Tools & Software. Tags: and decision support, and mining, applications development, business intelligence, business planning, customer relationship management, data entry, data warehousing (extract, financial management, forecasting, human resource management, load), management, operations research and project management, platform independent and remote computing, quality improvement, report writing and graphics, retrieval, SAS, statistical analysis, transform.